When it comes to eCommerce platforms, there has been a substantial increase in users by nearly 76 percent (Indian express indulge, n.d.), and while there are more than 10,000 brands available on every e-Comm platform, ranking higher than your competition brand has become important, and everyone knows the customer is the king here and retaining them is the key step to achieve visibility and ranking organically.
Why is customer retention important for brands to rank high in search results?
The average time a customer spends on any platform while scrolling is 15 seconds; it is quite a make-or-break situation. As we have faster internet access, the attention span is significantly dropping down to 8-12 seconds when consuming the content (My Tutor, n.d.). And these statistics themselves show how important the ranking is for brands on eCommerce platforms.
Creating an effective strategy that includes analyzing customer behavior and coming up with relevant ideas can be the solution for ranking at the top in customer searches. When you increase customer satisfaction, it drives traffic to your product page, which improves your search visibility and helps you climb the ladder of product search rankings. Now we know why it is important to retain customers, but the question arises how to do it?
- Optimizing hero images, product titles, mobile-optimized layout, product titles, taglines let you draw in customers’ attention.
- Product images are the first thing customers see and it is a potential opportunity to grab customer’s attention for brands to showcase their products. 75% of consumers rely on the product hero image and this gives brands a chance to stand out from their competitors (Adams, n.d.).
- Keyword research plays a key role. When a customer searches for a product using a specific keyword, it indicates that they are ready to buy, and when the keyword and associated product are correctly aligned, it not only satisfies them but also increases the brand’s search result ranking.
- Keyword optimization is essential when it comes to ranking because if a customer searches with a specific keyword and a product does not contain that specific keyword, it will not appear in the search results.
- Keyword bidding includes 4 types of terms; Generic, Related, Brand, and Competitor. By thorough research and analysis, bid on the terms of relevancy and keeping the customer in mind. This will help your brand to move up in the ranking by matching your product with the keyword.
How content optimization helps in brand visibility and customer retention?
To establish a presence on eCommerce platforms, brands must have well-optimized content to attract customers.
Content optimization is the process of improving your content to help search engine algorithms rank your product higher, and when you focus on optimizing the content with the help of SEO and relevant keywords, you receive more views which leads to higher search rankings, conversion rates, and sales.
Integrate product title, and description with highest searched keywords.
- Product title plays an essential role when it comes to product search. Incorporating the title with the right keywords helps you in ranking at the top of the product page. For increased organic search visibility, including all the product’s main features in the title.
- Product descriptions and bullet points provide a clear picture of the product, and the more content the page has with relevant keywords, the easier it is for customers to search for your product, resulting in a higher product ranking.
A+ content optimization
- A+ content lures customers with its creative layout of infographics, images, videos, unique product descriptions, and banner-like design. It has been proven that with the usage of A+ content, the conversion rate increases by 10% (Rankin, n.d.). It makes the shopping experience for customers’ an appealing one, leads to more product discovery and high traffic to the page
- When a customer browses a product page, A+ or enhanced content helps them understand the product to make an informed decision.
Brand store optimization
- Creating a brand store allows customers to see the journey of the brand, the platforms are flooded with products, it offers a chance to stand out from the competing brands. They can link sponsored ads to the brand store to boost conversion. Including banners and creative templates lets you build a connection with customers.
- Optimize the brand store by making it visually appealing with the help of images and text infusion to generate traffic.
- Optimizing the title and description for each module creates a distinct appeal, generates customer interest, and aids in increasing search visibility.
When a customer lands on the product page, images are the first thing that attracts them to the product; optimizing them becomes an integral part of conversion and engagement. A hero image is the first thing they see when they land on a brand’s product page, and it is the most effective way to lure customers, the main purpose of this image is to help people visualize the product. Using high-quality and mobile-ready images will intrigue the customers and influence their buying decision; this will ultimately result in high traffic to your page and increase the brand’s search results visibility.
- Lifestyle images help in building a connection, these kinds of images are usually used to improve the aesthetics and to showcase the consumer shot of the product, a customer cannot touch or feel the product, but this helps to engage customers visually.
- Adding close-up images/ pack shots of product packaging is mandatory for brands in terms of search ranking, it offers information on product’s ingredients and its benefits because even if the customer does not make a purchase, they are likely to visit the product page again, which increases visibility and improves the chances of ranking at the top.
- Brands can use additional images to offer customers a 360-degree view of the product. Showcase the attributes and USP for the product. Visual demonstration of the unique feature of the product will draw attention and improve
How can Paxcom help you in increasing your search ranking with its content optimization strategies?
Our in-house Kinator software includes interactive dashboards which offer reports on a content scorecard which helps improve discoverability and buyability, search visibility which is based on the search results when a generic or branded keyword is searched, and category visibility report to enable decision making for optimizing search results on the category pages.
When a customer searches for a generic keyword “Biscuit,” it is very important for every biscuit brand to come in the top results, we help brands analyze their current search ranks and improvise to come in top search results.
It is vital for every brand to use the relevant keywords in their content to improve the performance as it will support the algorithm of the results. We even support brands on keyword bidding and campaign management such as display ads and sponsored product ads to improve overall visibility in the category/ search results and channel.
We have a team of Content Experts who conduct in-depth Content analysis on the existing content, improvise existing content based on the category and competition analysis, and work on developing enriched A+ content to appeal to the customers and create interesting and attractive products and brand store pages. They follow the guidelines to make recommendations for optimization of the products to help increase search visibility. Paxcom’s content experts, creative designers, offer your brand qualitative content creation, and layout to drive traffic and improve your search rankings.
Our Content experts have worked with many brands and optimized content by revamping their images, titles, descriptions, and enhanced A+ content. Brands have observed significant growth of 350% and above in conversion rate.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know about our various offerings, which can help you improvise your brand’s search ranking on e-commerce platforms and lead to significant growth in conversion rate.