There are more than 35 million products from over 50,000 sellers on Flipkart. The sheer volume of products alone makes it a great option for any advertiser looking to run category and keyword-based campaigns. With big guns in the industry like Amazon and Myntra, Flipkart is one of the most competitive markets in the eCommerce space. It’s also one of the most lucrative ones, as it has the most extensive base of online buyers to target. But before you begin running the campaigns, it’s essential to know the basics of Flipkart ads and what you can do to improve the chances of a positive ROI from your campaigns.
Table of Contents
What is Flipkart Product Listing Ads?
Flipkart’s product listing Ads are the most effective way to make your brand noticed and generate leads. These Ads let you showcase your products to your target or high-intent customers on the app or website. Flipkart PLA Ads run on the CPC model.
Where do PLA ads appear?
In PLA Ads there are 6 Placements where the advertiser can bid accordingly:-
- Home Page
- Top of Search Page
- Rest of the Search Page
- Top of Browse Page
- Rest of Browse Page
- Product Page
What are the targeting options for Flipkart PLA Ads?
- Keyword Targeting is available but is applicable only on the search page. Hence, the amplifier can help you get visibility over competitive keywords without increasing base bids and impacting CPC on other placements. Keywords can be targeted via Broad & Exact Match types up to 200 keywords.
- Negative targeting allows you to exclude irrelevant keywords from your campaign. You can target your ads (63,000 characters) for negative targeting. By doing so, you will have an easier time reaching out to your most relevant audience. It enables you to give a high level of unique and engaging personalization.
How does the Budgeting work for Flipkart PLA Ads?
PLA offers only total budget options, contrary to PCA, with total and daily budget options
- Till the budget ends (Even pacing) – This option will allow you to run a campaign to your set budget, and when it reaches the limit, your ad campaigns will no longer run (pause). You can add more budget to make it live again.
- Campaign End Date – Here, you enter the last date for your campaign. Your ads will stop showing after this date & time, and you can’t make further changes to that campaign. If you have a campaign ending on a particular day, you can divide your budget evenly between the days of your campaign. This option is only available and optional for campaigns with an end date.
What is Flipkart Product Contextual Ads (PCA)?
PCA is a performance marketing solution that enables marketers to showcase their product collection to customers with relevant intent. PCA ensures high visibility while driving performance.
PCA Ads run on a daily/ total budget.
Where do PCA Ads appear?
- Top of Search Page
- Rest of Search Page
- Top of Browse Page
- Rest of Browse Page
- Product Page
Note- Basically, PCA and PLA placements differ in that PCA allows you to select which page to showcase your ads on, be it the Search page, Browse page, or Product page, while PLA runs on all three pages.
What is the product selection process for creating Ad campaigns?
Sellers can customize their campaigns based on specific rules; for example, if the product you are selling is running some special discount or is under 99, the products qualifying in real-time under the rule (based on price & discount) will be shown in the ad.
The adhoc selection process is a selection-based process where you can select a set of products, and the ads will be run on those products.
What are the targeting options for Flipkart PCA Ads?
- Keyword targeting- Keyword-level negative targeting can be performed under PCA ads (100 keywords). For example, if you wish to exclude users from the segment who searched for “Laptops,” you can write it as “laptop,”- which means that a user will be excluded if searched for “laptops.”
How to set up rich visuals for more impactful campaigns?
- Auto Creative
Flipkart PCA ads allow you to create custom ad banners for different products and services. You can either use the system-generated creatives, or you can customize the banner using text, images, or any other multimedia content to make it more attractive so that customers notice and click on it. You can upload a maximum of three images and two taglines.
- Rich Creative
Sellers can now connect with the audience in a more personalized way through a customized call to action. Rich lifestyle/product images can help you figure out which creatives enhance your campaign performance and offer related CTA that can help you generate higher conversions.
You can select rich creative > add up to 5 background images and 3 call-to-actions > Go live.
Here you have 2 options either upload background images and enter CTA text, or you can upload the full image (PSD file; approval needed), including the Image, border, and CTA.
Once these rich creatives are made, these can be reused in other PCA-rich creative campaigns as well.
How does budgeting work for Flipkart PCA Ads?
- Total Budget- Here, you can set a minimum of Rs. 1000 of a budget; Enter the total budget for your campaign and enter the start date & end date.
In case you’re not sure what is the maximum amount you can spend to run the campaign, try with a limited total campaign budget and opt for no end date, e.g., suppose you enter 2500 as a total budget; you can select either till the budget ends i.e. (no end date) means your campaign will pause when the budget gets utilized, you can again add more budget in the campaign and make it active. Here the downside is your budget could finish in a few minutes depending upon bids, traffic, and category if you’re unaware of the spend limit, especially in the case of new campaigns.
The second option is to enter the start date & end date after entering the total budget.
Here in the case of total budget campaigns, the entire money gets blocked for the campaign.
- Daily Budget (New)- Set a daily budget at the campaign level of Rs. 1000 per day without blocking money for the entire campaign.
How do you measure your Flipkart Ads campaign performance?
The Flipkart Ads Platform’s Reporting dashboard provides access to all campaign metrics for optimizing campaigns. Moreover, it allows real-time campaign performance tracking on a dashboard.
- Seller Level Report
A Seller Level Report is a tool that lets you filter data for different sellers for your brand to get an idea of how different sellers are performing in contrast to each other.
This data will further help you to grow better & forecast the inventory in case of multiple sellers
- FSN Report
The Flipkart FSN level report, will give you insights into your product performance,i.e., which are your top-selling or low-selling products. It provides you with the number of SKUs sold and the daily sales generated by each SKU, direct & indirect sales reports. In a nutshell, it helps sellers understand the overall health of their business and offers them the chance to uncover slow and fast-moving products.
- Placement Performance Report
Flipkart’s placement level report can provide insights into your listing. This will give you an overview of your listing’s traffic, conversion rate, sales number, and other key performance indicators for the different placements out there on Flipkart. Furthermore, it will help you determine where optimization is needed to increase sales and conversions.
- Search Term Report
You can use the search term report on Flipkart to evaluate the performance metrics of a specific campaign against customer search queries. This helps you identify the opportunities for optimizing your campaigns via negating irrelevant search terms where your ad is being showcased.
You can use this report to optimize product descriptions and titles with better keywords and customers’ search behavior patterns. This report can further assist you in devising a robust strategy for increased visibility and conversion rate.
- Product Page Performance Report (Available only for PCA ads)
Product Page Placement allows you to see Placement level reports for the Product page, Seach page, browse page, and other placements, along with FSN detail, ad group detail, and creative id detail. In simpler words, it shows FSN level data for each ad group at the creative level and placement level in a particular campaign.
- Keyword Report
Keywords reports give performance metrics for the Keywords you’re targeting (if any in Exact or broad match) in your campaigns. You can use the metrics in this report to identify non-performing keywords and remover and increase your campaign relevancy and ROI.
Festive Cheer on Flipkart is approaching soon (Bonus best practices)
Flipkart is hosting its Big Billion Day Sale event starting on the second week ofOctober; here are some tips from our eCommerce experts:
-Budget: Assess/assign/evaluate your advertising and promotion budget. Based on your goals, choose an aggressive or conservative advertising plan.
- Strategic Advertising: If you want to be aggressive, spend a lot on sponsored listings and targeted ads.
- Competitive Analysis: Track competitor prices and strategies. Adjust your budget and price to compete.
- Daily Budget Allocation: Allocate your marketing budget to each campaign on a daily basis. This feature guarantees a defined daily spending limit, enabling effective expense management.
– Analyze past sales data in order to determine the specific hours and days that see the highest levels of purchases during a sale event. It is advisable to optimize advertising bids in order to enhance visibility during periods of increased traffic.
– Launch new advertising campaigns a few days prior to the start of the sale to create curiosity and visibility. Utilise teaser campaigns to pique the interest of potential buyers.
-Utilise dynamic pricing strategies to automatically adjust product prices in response to demand and competition. This feature ensures ongoing competitiveness without the need for frequent manual updates.
Some New Updates by Flipkart
- Flipkart Ads recently introduced the beta version of its revamped Brand Insights tool to revolutionize how we optimize ad strategies.
In the wall-guarded landscape of e-commerce, understanding consumer behavior is difficult. The enhanced Brand Insights tool offers a comprehensive view of customer interactions, enabling precise identification of drop-offs and touchpoints.
By leveraging these insights, advertisers and brands can fine-tune their campaigns, increasing engaged Product Page Views (PPVs) and driving a higher Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Product Performance Flipkart ads
- Accomplish your full-funnel marketing goals and convert customers across the open internet and social platforms.
- Reach high-intent shoppers through rich creatives.
- Acquire relevant new users by showcasing your product collection interactively and engagingly.
- Re-engage with consumers based on their purchase behavior through Interactive Creatives on PCA.
- Target brand switchers and showcase your brand’s value proposition effectively.
Cross-Brand Ads on PLA
With the help of this, you can run ads on your competitor’s keywords. For keyword targeting, you can identify the competition keywords/cross-brand keywords that result in your PLA ad being shown by:
- Running non-keyword auto campaigns targeted for a few days by analyzing the keyword report to identify and decide on the cross-brand keywords.
- Examining the keyword recommendations that can result in your ad being shown for brand-competitive keywords is a different approach.
Pro tip – Create separate campaigns and bid differently at all levels – Competition, same brand, and Generic.
Flipkart ads are frequently at the top of search results, offering a competitive advantage to sellers and vendors who can run CPC and Smart ROI Campaigns, Product Contextual Ads (PCA), and Product Listings Ads (PLA). We offer a custom and unique approach to designing, optimizing, scaling, and managing your Flipkart ad campaigns.Our eCommerce experts are highly skilled at analyzing the data and reports to create highly effective sponsored ad campaigns. Get in touch at email@example.com