In the dynamic world of e-commerce, finding the right platform to showcase and sell your products is crucial for business growth. One of the retail giants, Walmart offers an extensive online marketplace known as Walmart Seller Center, providing sellers with a vast audience and unparalleled opportunities. If you’re eager to tap into this expansive market, you’re in the right place.
If you’re interested in discovering all you can about Walmart seller center registration and application procedures, this six-step guide will help you.
Table of Contents
What is Walmart Marketplace?
Walmart Marketplace is an online platform enabling third-party sellers to offer their products alongside Walmart’s inventory. Like eBay or third-party sellers on Amazon, it allows suppliers to reach a broader audience and utilize top-notch online selling tools. Since 2009, Walmart Marketplace has facilitated the exposure of various products to Walmart customers, providing a valuable entry point for sellers aiming to place their products in Walmart’s physical stores.
What are the requirements for joining Walmart Seller Center marketplace?
If you’re considering becoming a part of Walmart Marketplace but need help figuring out where to start, we’ve streamlined the application process to make it simple and convenient. Our goal is to assist you in swiftly offering products to customers.
Before initiating the application, it’s important to note the following minimum qualifications for joining Walmart Marketplace:
- Business Tax ID(s) (SSN not accepted) or Business License Number
- Supporting documents validating your business name and address
- Demonstrated history of success in the marketplace or eCommerce
- Products with GTIN/UPC GS1 Company Prefix Numbers
- A product catalog that adheres to Walmart’s Prohibited Products Policy
- Ability to fulfill orders through Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) or another B2C U.S. warehouse with returns capability
If your offerings provide worth to buyers at a reasonable price, you’re a perfect fit with Walmart. Check out the steps in depth when you are ready to register. It’s all in your Walmart application form.
In these simple steps, how can you sell your product on Walmart.com?
After you’ve learned about the requirements for becoming a seller on Walmart and have met these requirements, you’re now able to take the time to review the six steps.
There are two options to begin your selling journey at Walmart. You have the option to
- You can either get invited by Walmart to the market, or
- By applying to become a seller. For most sellers’ scenarios, B is the best option; however, when you’ve been given an invitation, you may skip step 2, which is explained in the following section.
Step 1- Apply to be the first Walmart Marketplace Seller
Register for a seller account or log in if you already have one. Visit the official Walmart Seller Center website at https://seller.walmart.com. Create a new seller account by clicking “Sign Up” or log in with existing credentials if you already have an account. Fill in your primary business details and set up your login and password.
Step 2- Review Minimum Qualifications:
Verify that you satisfy Walmart’s minimum requirements for sellers, which generally consist of possessing a Business Tax ID or Business Licence Number, providing documentation for business verification, demonstrating a track record of thriving marketplace or eCommerce operations, offering products with GTIN/UPC GS1 Company Prefix Numbers, and adhering to Walmart’s Prohibited Products Policy.
Step 3- Fill out the application:
To finish the application procedure, adhere to the instructions. This may involve providing further information about your company, accepting the terms and conditions, and proving your identification. Where you input details about your business managers, including their email addresses, overseeing various departments like finance and customer service.
Step 4- Wait for Approval:
Once you have submitted your application, you must wait for Walmart to examine and approve your seller account. You can expect to get emails informing you of the current status of your application.
Step 1: Apply to start Walmart’s onboarding process, and then seek approval
Step 5- Set Up Your Seller Profile:
After approval, access your Walmart Seller Center account and establish your seller profile. This involves configuring shipping settings, inputting business details, and uploading your product catalog. Upon successful business verification, proceed to the next step, “Get Paid,” where you can enter your payment information using either Hyperwallet or Payoneer.
Step 6- List your products:
You can begin listing your products once you have completed the Seller Profile setup process. Proceed to add the products you want to sell on Walmart Marketplace using different integration methods.
Opt for the API integration method if your team possesses programming expertise, especially when configuring a substantial catalog on Walmart.
Create Excel spreadsheets containing your items for a bulk upload to Walmart. This option is ideal for sellers with a more limited catalog.
Enter your product details directly into the Seller Center user interface with the single-item method. This is recommended for setting up your initial items or if your product assortment is limited.
Consider working with one of Walmart’s approved solution providers who can assist in managing your listings on Walmart Marketplace. This option is suitable for those seeking external support for their listings.
Step 7- Upload Inventory:
To refresh inventory, use the inventory spec and click the bulk updates tab under items and inventory.
Choose bulk inventory update from the select spec option in the template, then click download.
Within Excel, using the Excel template, you fill in the two fields:
- The SKUs you are changing.
- The latest quantity(stock) is for SKU.
Then, save the document.
Upload Completed Spec
Go back to the bulk updates page and upload the finalized file.
Then, select bulk inventory update from the select spec menu.
After that, pick the proper distribution facilities from the list and press the submit button.
Step 8- Ready to Launch:
This step is to meet the following requirements:
- You must upload at least 10% of the products in your catalog or 1,000 (whichever number is lower).
- A minimum of 95% of your goods need to be classified correctly.
Once you’ve completed all steps after you have completed steps, hit ‘ Ready to Launch.
Best practices for selling successfully on Walmart
In order to achieve success as a vendor on Walmart Marketplace, one must adhere to best practices and implement effective strategies. The following advice will assist you in achieving greater success:
- Diversify Product Offerings: To appeal to a wider audience, diversify your product line. Achieving a broader range of products can appeal to additional consumer demographics and boost overall revenue.
- Focus on Product Quality: Ensure high-quality items to reduce returns and increase consumer confidence. Positive product reviews boost Walmart’s seller reputation.
- Maintain Stock: Regularly update product availability and maintain well-stocked inventory. Lost sales and consumer satisfaction might result from out-of-stock products.
- Keep Competitive Price: Regularly review and modify prices to stay competitive. Walmart customers respect value; thus, competitive pricing can attract additional purchasers.
- Comply with Walmart policies: Know and follow Walmart’s requirements. Following their guidelines makes selling easy and maintains a good connection with Walmart.
Walmart Seller Center Updates 2023
- In May 2023, Walmart rolled out new features- the Online Fee Calculator and Repricer- to boost seller productivity and cut down expenses on the platform.
- In July 2023, Walmart offered insights on enhancing the quality of listings by utilizing the Growth Opportunities feature within Analytics on the Seller Center. Read the guidelines here.
- In July 2023, a new shipping feature was introduced within the “Offer” section of the Listing Quality & Rewards dashboard. This allows sellers to enhance delivery accuracy, thereby improving overall performance.
The process for application and onboarding at Walmart is a challenge for sellers. But with the help of a solution supplier and an experienced integrated team, you can launch your store within minutes.
These steps will answer any questions about Walmart’s registration and onboarding process. If you’re in doubt about how to start selling efficiently on Walmart.com or how to scale your business in the US market, kindly connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a consultation call here.