If you’re considering selling your products on Walmart.com, we’ve got you covered with an easy guide that outlines the steps to assist you in becoming an online seller on Walmart within a matter of minutes! It is possible to begin with, the walmart marketplace application procedure, then move on to registration on the seller centre, set up your walmart associate profile, finish item set-up, upload your inventory and then create your Walmart seller accounts.
If you’re interested in finding out all you can about Walmart.com’s registration and application procedures, this guide of six steps will help you.
The steps to becoming a vendor to sell on Walmart
Follow these easy steps to complete Walmart’s onboarding process:
Step 1: Apply to start Walmart’s onboarding process, and then seek approval
Step 2: Proceed with Walmart’s seller registration (once approved)
Step 3: Complete partner profile
Step 4: Item/product set-up
Step 5: Upload InventoryStep 6: Launch your seller account on Walmart
What are the requirements for becoming a Walmart Seller?
Before we jump straight to the “How-tos” of becoming a Walmart seller, we first must understand the demands to be a successful seller.
If you’re thinking about Walmart as your next choice for a platform, consider the following guidelines:
- It is necessary to be able to establish a warehouse within the US with a US tax id and business bank account.
- Return orders should be able to be sent and received from a warehouse in the United States.
- Walmart cooperates with established online sellers, and it is helpful to have prior experience in the business.
- A dedicated customer service, an impressive range of merchandise with competitive prices, and quick and reliable fulfillment are the primary prerequisites to becoming a Walmart seller. They must be considered before thinking about becoming a Walmart seller.
- Giving a UPC and GTIN number for every SKU is also necessary.
If your offerings provide worth to buyers at a reasonable price, you’re a perfect fit with Walmart. Check out the steps in depth when you are ready to register. It’s all in your Walmart application form.
In six simple steps, how can you sell your product on Walmart.com?
After you’ve learned about the requirements for becoming a seller on Walmart and have met these requirements, you’re now able to take the time to look over the six steps.
There are two options to begin your selling journey at Walmart. You have the option to
- You can either get invited by Walmart to the market, or
- By applying to become a seller. For most sellers’ scenarios, B is the best option, however, when you’ve been given an invitation, you may skip step 2, which is explained in the following section.
Step 1. Apply to be the first Walmart Marketplace Seller
For Walmart to begin onboarding, you’ll need to apply first for approval or account creation.
To do this, you’ll need to fill out the Walmart marketplace application. Complete the form and wait for an email of approval from Walmart providing additional details about your account. It usually takes about 15 minutes.
After you have completed the form, when you are done, click start application to become a seller at Walmart.
Step 2: Fill out the Registration Form
Start filling out the registration form once you have acquired your account information. It is suggested to fill out the entire application (on an iPad or laptop) in one sitting; the process takes only 10 to 15 minutes.
The process of registering at Walmart includes five steps:
- Account formation/creation
- Signing the Walmart retailer agreement
- Registering your company
- Filing your taxes (Form W-9)
- Providing payment information
- Providing shipping Information
Step 3: Fill out your partner profile
For a marketplace seller, the third thing you need to do is complete the “Launch Checklist”. This checklist details the actions you must take to activate your Walmart account.
It will be available to you after you have completed the partner profile and obtained access to the seller center.
The first item on the checklist, “Complete your Partner Profile,” is one of the most important because it is the official page where your customers can access your company’s title, name, logo policies, tax information, and so on.
The most critical steps of the initial item on the Checklist are:
- Company Information
- Customer Service
- Contact Management,
- Return Policy
- Tax Info
STEP 4: Item/product Set-up
Before creating items, select an integration method you intend to use to sell your product at Walmart. There are four choices:
- API Integration method
- Method of bulk upload
- Single item method
- Solution provider
When you’ve completed the method of integration, you have to follow the steps below:
- Choose the appropriate category and subcategory for your Walmart products. Walmart has 24 categories, each of which are further broken down into subcategories. Choose the category that is ideal for Walmart products.
- You must now have images or URLs prepared. Ensure that your products’ images meet the Walmart guidelines for images.
- Create the Item Set-up feed. For API methods, send the item feed information in XML format. If you use the bulk method, submit the details in excel documents.
- Finally, you have the upload of the item setup feed files.
STEP 5: Upload Inventory
To refresh inventory, by using the inventory spec and click the bulk updates tab under items and inventory.
Choose bulk inventory update from the select spec option in the select spec template, then click download.
Within Excel, using the excel template, you fill in in the two fields:
- The SKUs you are changing.
- The latest quantity(stock) is for SKU.
Then save the document.
Upload Completed Spec
Go back to the bulk updates page and upload the finalized file.
Then, select bulk inventory update from the select spec menu.
After that, pick the proper distribution facilities from the list and press the submit button.
Step 6: Ready to Launch
This step is to meet the following requirements:
- You must upload at least 10% of the products in your catalog, or 1,000 (whichever number is lower).
- A minimum of 95% of your goods need to be classified correctly.
Once you’ve completed all steps after you have completed steps, hit ‘ Ready to Launch.
Then, you’ll see an alert that prompts you to confirm that you’re ready to go live. After clicking Confirm, an email is sent to Walmart’s Walmart team. The team will review your profile. If all information is in order, the team will send you an email confirming that your application was approved. Your catalog will become accessible within 48 hours of receiving this email from Walmart.
The process for application and onboarding at Walmart is a challenge for sellers. But with the help of a solution supplier and an experienced integrated team, you’ll be able to launch your store within minutes.
These steps will answer any questions about Walmart’s registration and onboarding process. If you’re in doubt about how to start selling efficiently on Walmart.com, or how to scale your business in the US market, kindly connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a consultation call here.